Wednesday, October 13, 2004

FOXNews.com - another misleading story

Lazy or an agenda? I don't know. I have seen the TV ads for these coins many times on cable TV, I think they have even run during FoxNewsChannel shows on channel 66 here in Simpsonville, SC.
Would it kill these people to mention that the coin itself, shown in the commercials, and the text on the screen expand on the spoken narration's claim that the coins are government issue by making reference to the CNMI - Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. They don't say it's the US government, although I suppose they fool some people.
Don't get me wrong, I have no respect for these people. They remind me of the character played (brilliantly) by Rip Torn in Trial and Error (a great romantic comedy starring Jeff Daniels, and Michael Richards with Charlize Theron and two other hot babes - yes, I'm a MCP) who sells pennies for $19.95. But a news report should give a full picture of the case and not just shill for AG Spitzer. (The story includes a link to the NY AGs website and toll-free phone number.)
FOXNews.com - U.S. & World - N.Y. Court Halts Sale of 'Ground Zero' Coins

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home