Friday, November 19, 2004

A custom humidor for "the big him" and an $8,000 necklace for her

WorldNetDaily: Will 2000 fund-raiser scam bite Hillary?:
"'I believed that once she knew the facts, she would see how valuable I was to her and welcome me into her inner circle. The whole thing was intended to be solely for my benefit. I never wanted to hurt her. I could tell she wasn't entirely comfortable with this conversation, and yet I couldn't stop. It wasn't until much later that I fully realized what I had done. Whatever protection her staff had built around her, however much in the dark they had kept her, that was over.
"'Now she knew.'"

So says Aaron Tonken in his new book King of Cons: Exposing the Dirty, Rotten Secrets of the Washington Elite and Hollywood Celebrities. Doing a 63 month sentence for fraud, Tonken cooperated in an investigation, still ongoing, of irregularities in the fundraising for Hillary Clinton's 2000 senate race in New York.

As Captain Reynaud said of the gambling at Rick's Cafe in the movie Casablanca, "I am shocked, shocked ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home