Thursday, March 15, 2007

Can you spell kook with a capital K?

Fishslice:
"I have been kidnapped and have biotech device embedded in my body these devices operate digitally and are used to torture me. I suffer great and sustained continuous pain. I have people talking into a cell phone secreted in my body and have many of my bodily functions controlled by computer and hideous individuals."

For those of us toiling in our own small ways to make some serious use of blogs as an alternative source of news and commentary, it is necessary to remind ourselves that how we are perceived is also influenced by the certifiable cases.

I stumbled upon this poor soul through a comment posted on a Spanish-language news site where the infelicity of the Google machine translation made it hard to tell what was the kookery and what the defects of the translation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home