Monday, March 28, 2005

A difference of opinion

Albany, N.Y. -- timesunion.com:
"'Before the clock, there was no game at all,' [Dolph Schayes]"

Syracuse, NY, has a new tourist attraction - a monument to the 24-second shot clock in professional basketball. I can't say I have any memory of the change in pro rules which happened 50 years ago since, then as now, the pro game has never held my interest.

I was a great fan of college hoops for several years until the shot clock intruded. Since then, I find it as boring as the pro version. For me, and I understand this is a minority position, the real charm of the game was masterful ball handling and the "four corners" offense to work of the clock was a thing of beauty to behold like a long series of volleys back and forth in tennis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home